1 April 1446.
To: Lieutenant LaFayette Ronald Hubbard, D, USNR
1003 South Orange Grove Avenue
Pasadena, 2, California.1
Subj: Permission to leave the United States.
Ref: (a) Article H-1804, BuPers Manual.
(b) Your letter dated 1 April 1946.
1. You are hereby authorized to leave the continental limits of the United States to visit South and Central America and China as requested in reference (b).
2. No government transportation will be available for any of this travel.
3. Attention is directed to reference (a). You will report in person or by letter to the Naval Attache or to the Senior Naval Officer in the places visited or in the nearby vicinity.
4. Report dates of your departure from and return to the United States to the Bureau of Naval Personnel via the Commandant of your Naval District.
By direction of the Chief of Naval Personnel.
Officer Distribution Division.
- This was the home address of John Whiteside (Jack) Parsons. ↩