what’s your level of confront?
All WISE members have a responsibility to support and protect the integrity of churches of the Scientology religion by helping to keep distractions created by businesses off the lines of said organizations and to report to WISE any and all such situations found. Here’s a quiz to test your confront of evil, as well as a drill to help you raise it.
1. What does suppressive reasonableness come from?
The INABILITY TO CONFRONT EVIL” HCO PL 7 December 1969 II, THE ETHICS OFFICER, HIS CHARACTER
2. What lies behind black PR?
“They do not have little crimes. They have BIG ones.” HCO PL 21 November 1972 HOW TO HANDLE BLACK PROPAGANDA
3. What is the ogre that might eat us up?
“It’s our possible failure to retain and practice our technology.” HCO PL 7 February 1965, KEEPING SCIENTOLOGY WORKING
4. What is the dividing line between moonlighting and moonripping?
“…is done in any way to damage or erode org income or staff involvement in their own post.” HCO PL 20 August 1982R II MOONRIPPING
5. What Is “Making people replace themselves in a private business (before beginning on staff in an org)” an example of?
“… [one] of the varieties of moonripping.” HCO PL 20 August 1982R II MOONRIPPING
6. What is the statement ‘people should live a little’ a manifestation of?
“Dilletante-ism.” HCO PL 16 May 1965 II INDICATORS OF ORGS
7. What would happen if someone who knew and can use the tech concerning SPs confronted the SP?
“…would shatter.” HCO PL 30 Jan 1983, YOUR POST AND LIFE
8. What do you know when PR won’t go in?
“WHEN PR WON’T GO IN, ETHICS IS OUT.” HCO PL 9 July 1982, FAILED PR.
9. How do you defeat attempts at suppression?
“Attempts at suppression are totally defeated in the long run simply by flourishing and prospering.” HCO PL 1 December 1979 FLOURISH AND PROSPER
10. What are the three steps done over and over that are usually quite enough to keep an org running quite smoothly?
“In a nutshell, (a) one finds an imperfect functioning of some portion of the org and then (b) finds something that one doesn’t understand about it and then (c) interrogates by despatch the individuals in that portion connected with the imperfect functioning.” HCO PL 11 May 1965 I, ETHICS OFFICER HAT
Apply what you know with the following exercise.
0. Review the references the above questions came from.
1. Find someone who refuses to become a member of WISE.
2. Verify they are a valid prospect to become a member (business owner or Individual professional).
3. Ensure they have been fully enlightened on the purpose of WISE, The Code of a WISE Member, the benefits of membership, etc.
4. If the person still refuses to sign up, do the steps laid out in HCO PL 11 May 1965 I, ETHICS OFFICER HAT, and pull the string until you find the General Sherman tank. Handle if you can, or report it to the Reports Officer of your nearest WISE office, with an info copy to the Reports Officer at WISE International.
5. If you had a cognition or success doing the above you would like to share, send it to the editor at firstname.lastname@example.org and info your local WISE office.1
- Confront of Evil, (2005). wise at work, 2, 26. Retrieved on 10 March 2010 from http://www.megaupload.com/?d=R7F77PAD. PDF format. ↩