22 August 1968
FLAG ORDER 1248
BASIC HYGIENE FOR THE NURSERY1
These orders are to be followed within 24 hours:
1. Each child is to have his/her own towel.
2. A board with cup hooks is to be placed at a convenient level accessible to the children.
3. Each hook is to be clearly labelled with the child’s name and numbered in different colours.
4. Parents are to provide their children with a large drawstring plastic bag into which toilet requirements such as soap, wash cloth, a comb, toothbrush and paste are placed. These are to be provided by the parents.
5. The bag is to be labelled boldly with your child’s name.
6. This hangs on the same hook as the towel.
7. Children are to be taught how to care for their bodies i.e. how to wash all over, dry, clean their teeth and comb their hair before going to bed. Hands and face to be washed and hair combed after dressing in the morning, hands washed before every meal.
8. 8c with A.R.C. is needed to get each child interested in caring for his/her possessions.
9. Each child is to use his/her own toilet articles and no one else’s. This is to be fully explained to the children. The children Do the drill until each child knows where his/her hook is, can fetch his/her towel and toilet bag and replace it without falter or comm lag.
10. The water used for bathing is to be changed in between each child being washed.
The above measures are to be carried out exactly.
W/O JOAN BRlSTOW, M/O
ROD TAUNTON, 4th MATE
W/O ALEX SIBIRSKY