Thanks to Harpokrates for this informative and insightful post. The sigil of Babalon features the Theta (Θ) symbol, both at the top and in the center.
Hubbard taught Scientologists that they are Thetans, individual units of Theta1.
Liber AL vel Legis and the Illuminati Cipher
by Harpokrates » Fri Jan 01, 2010 1:01 pm
Greetings to everyone,
This is a message that is related to an older post of mine, called “Ciphers of the Illuminati and the One Dollar bill”, which you can read in Scribd.com:
In this message (which will be structured in three parts) I’ll show you some recent discoveries that I’ve been making while applying the Cipher of the Illuminati2 to the text of Liber AL vel Legis, the holiest book of Thelema.
Please note: I personally don’t think that all these discoveries actually “prove” any claim presenting this cipher as some kind of “key of it all”. I wrote this just to show you what I have found, and it is up to all who read this to extract from it their own opinions.
In the meantime, as I presume some of you may be interested in this subject, I’ll leave here a very curious discovery made near to March 5th.
Watch the Holy Sigil of the A.’.A.’.
In it you can see the sigil of Babalon hiding the formula 77+(7+7)/7+77 = 156 (Babalon) which circles a form that resembles the greek letter Theta (Θ). Also, in the upper part of the sigil, you can see a “squared circle”, which is a primitive form of the greek letter Theta and the hebrew letter Teth. Theta is the initial of the words “Thelema” (Will) and “Therion” (the Beast), and it was also –in its primitive shape as a point within a circle– the symbol of Ra and Aton, demiurgic solar gods. In the greek isopsephia, the value of “Theta” is 318, which is the value of “Helios”, the Sun. As a side note, notice that according to the Illuminati Cipher the word “TETH” sums 51, which has the same value as “CIRCLE”, “SUN”, “HELIOS”, and “PTAH” (egyptian creator god). And by the way, according to the Illuminati Cipher, “Point within a Circle” sums 194, which is the value of “Great Central Sun”.3
Besides all these considerations, which can be expanded to a greater field, notice too that all around the central Sigil of Babalon there are the words Sigillum Sanctum Fraternitatis A.’.A.’. These words are important, as it will be shown. […]
– “This book shall be translated into all tongues: but always with the original in the writing of the Beast; for in the chance shape of the letters and their position to one another: in these are mysteries that no Beast shall divine. Let him not seek to try: but one cometh after him, whence I say not, who shall discover the Key of it all. Then this line drawn is a key: then this circle squared in its failure is a key also. And Abrahadabra. It shall be his child & that strangely. Let him not seek after this; for thereby alone can he fall from it.”
In order to show what I’ve discovered through this verse I would like to make some considerations on Ra Hoor Khuit, the Lord of the Aeon, and the symbol of the point within the circle. In this message we’ve seen that the Point within the Circle clearly is an important symbol in Thelema: it represents the two principles of Nuit (the circle, all-encompassing) and Hadit (the point, “nowhere to be found”), and these are some kind of “patron deities” of the first two chapters of Liber AL. The third chapter clearly has the mark of the Lord of War and of Vengeance, Ra Hoor Khuit, and is represented by the Point within the Circle, an obvious symbol for the Sun which was –and continues to be– used with the same meaning. We’ve seen also that the point within the circle is an ancient form of the letters Theta (greek) and Teth (hebrew) and these are very important because they represent:
1) the initial of the words “Thelema” (Will) and “Therion” (Beast), and of several other equally interesting greek words. Also, the value of the name of the letter Theta (Θητα) is 318, the value of Helios (Ήλιος), the Sun, and the Lord of the Aeon (RHK) is, as Crowley calls him, a Solar-Phallic Deity.
2) the mystery of Babalon and the Beast conjoined. This is shown in Atu XI, “Lust”, which corresponds to the hebrew letter Teth and depicts the Scarlet Woman holding a Chalice and riding a 7-headed Beast. Also, notice that in this card, the tail of the Beast is in the shape of the gnostic symbol of the Lion-Serpent, or the Demiurge, the Solar-Phallic Force of Creation.4
- Scientology definitions relating to Theta ↩
- From The Magical Revival by Kenneth Grant: “The Point within the Circle, the symbol of the Illuminati, is not only the hierogram of the Sun and of the god Horus, but, in Crowley’s system, is also symbolic of the union of Nuit and Hadit, which are emblematic of Consciousness and its projection as a ray of light. The union of the Circle (Nuit) and the Point (Hadit) formulates their “child”, or combined wills, expressed as Ra-Hoor-Khuit. The Circle and the Point also represent the abstract expressions of Love and Will, twin components of the magical equation known as the Law of Thelema.” (p. 12) ↩
- Hubbard discussed the point in the circle in this lecture, and associated it with theta. ↩
- Harpokrates, (2010, 1 January). Liber AL vel Legis and the Illuminati Cipher.heruraha.net. Retrieved on 25 May 2010 from http://www.heruraha.net/viewtopic.php?p=27378 ↩