1. The records of the Bureau of Naval Personnel show that you accepted appointment as Lieutenant(jg), U. S. Naval Reserve, on 19 July 1941; reported for active duty on 22 September 1941; released from active duty on 6 October 1941; reported for active duty on 24 November, 1941; appointed Lieutenant, for temporary service on 15 June 1942; released frog active duty, under honorable conditions, on 16 Febrdary 1946.
2. The following are the vessels to which you were attached showing the duties performed for the periods indicated:
transcript of sea service
February 4, 1949
From: Lieut. LaFayette R. Hubbard, (D) USNR (Inact.) File No. 113392
To: The Bureau of Naval Personnel
Subj: Transcript of service – request for.
- It is requested that I be furnished with a transcript of sea service for application for license in the merchant marine.
- It is further requested that this be facilitated as fast as possible in that I have a waiting berth.
- Appreciation is expressed for any expedition this may be given.
(signed L. Ron Hubbard)
Airmail Envelope, Self-Addressed, enclosed for use.