Box 1036 G.P.O.
New York City
October 22, 1948
From: Lieut. LaFayette Ronald HUBBARD, D USNR, (Inactive) 113392
To : President, Retirement Advisory Board
Washington, 25, D.C.
Subject: Physical Fitness – report concerning.
1. As suggested in your letter to me of recent date, I reported to the St. Albans Naval Hospital, St. Albans, L.I. for a complete and thorough examination to determine my present physical condition.
2. As requested, I am reporting to you that the examination has been made and was completed as of this date after a period of nine days of hospitalization.
3. The findings of the officers at the St. Albans Hospital, I am assured, will be submitted to you as soon as they are typed and signed.
4. Lack of proper identification of your correspondence in this letter is due to my having have to part with your letter to me at the hospital and the lack of a copy in their files.
LaFayette Ronald Hubbard
cc: C.L. Weickhardt.
From: President, Retirement Advisory Board, Navy Department, Builting T-3, Room 2022, Washington 25, D. C.
To: Medical Officer in Command, U. S. Naval Hospital, St. Albans, New York.
Subject: Lieutenant LaFayette Ronald Hubbard, D, USNR, 113392, (Inactive), Box 1036, General Post Office, New York City, New York. Request for physical examination and diagnostic study.
In order to assist this Board in its review of this case, it is requested that subject-named officer, when he presents himself for examination on a pre-arranged date, be given a thorough and complete physical examination to determine his present physical condition. It is desired that particular attention be given to the diagnosis ulcer, duodenum. Forwarded herewith for such assistance as they may be to you are photostats comprising a copy of the medical record of this officer, Enclosure (A), which this Board has received from and is obligated to return to the appropriate files of the Navy Department.
L. P. Holt
3. Please inform the Retirement Advisory Board, Building T-3, Room 2002, Navy Department, Washington 25, D. C., promptly if you desire to submit additional documentary evidence as to your present physical condition and whether or not you desire to appear in person with counsel, or in your absence to be represented by counsel, before this Board at the hearing of your case.
From: Medical Officer in Command
To: Lt. Lafayette Ronald HUBBARD, D, USNR 113391.
Reference: (a) DirDisPersTwelve desp. #032025 dated Dec. 1945.
1. Reference (a) is quoted below for your information and compliance.
“ACCORDANCE AUTHORITY ALNAV 198-45 X LT LAFAYETTE R HUBBARD D USNR 118892 UPON DISCHARGE TREATMENT DETACHED ALL DUTY X PROIMREP CO SEPCEN 703 MARKET ST SANFRAN CALIF TEMPDUTY PENDING RELEASE INACTIVE DUTY ACCORDANCE PROVISIONS ALSTACON 282200”
2. Delivered. Discharged from treatment this date. Proceed and carry out basic orders. You reported as a patient on 11 April 1945.
A. H. Dearing
cc: BuPers File