4 Dec. 45
To: The Chief of Naval Personnel
Attn. Transportation Division.
Subj: Transportation of dependents, change of
1. It is requested that the mailing address on a transportation claim submitted in August 1945 be changed.
2. The claim requested reimbursement for transportation for my wife and children from Portland, Ore., the embarkation port of the U.S.S. Algol (AKA54) to which I was then attached, to my home in New York City.
3. The mailing address on subject claim is no longer my address and mail going to me at that address has been lost. I would like further correspondence or payment to be sent to:
Lt. L. R. Hubbard USNR
8777 Lookout M. Ave.
Hollywood, 46, Calif. 1
4. Please advise if the check has already been sent so that I can either trace it or request that it be re-issued. The time elapsed leads me to believe that the check has been lost.
Lt. L. Ron Hubbard USNR 113392
- This was the home address of Robert A. Heinlein ↩