8777 Lookout Mt. Ave.
Hollywood, 46, Calif.
4 Dec. 19451
To: Chief of Naval Personnel.
Attn. Director, Transportation Division.
Subj: Transportation of dependents.
Ref: (a) Pers-815-SW-15, 113392
Encls: All correspondence.
1. Reference (a) and enclosures are herewith returned for further consideration.
2. Since submitting this request a new set of orders have been received detailing me to duty under treatment at the US Naval Hospital, Oakland, Calif. These orders have been attached to the file enclosed.
3. I was more than five months under the Monterey orders as enclosed and it is my understanding that such a length of time entitles one to dependents transportation. From 15 Feb. 45 to 4 Sept. 45.
4. My first permanent duty station before Princeton was the USS Algol, (AKA54). When I departed the continental limits of the United States I sent my dependents home. Transportation for dependents is therefore requested from home, not from a temporary duty station.
L. Ron Hubbard
Lieut. USNR 113392
- This was the home address of Robert A. Heinlein ↩