1644 No. Hill St.
June 21, 1948
To: THE SECRETARY OF NAVY
From: LaFayette Ronald HUBBARD, Lieut. (D) USNR (inact.) 113392
Via: The Chief of Naval Personnel.
Subject: Review by the Retirement Advisory Board – request for.
Ref: Letter from the president of the Naval Medical Survey
Review Board dated June 14, 1948; EXOS:NMSRB:WFEL:CAC:jmp.
1. I request that the decision of the Naval Medical Survey Review Board contained in the above reference be reviewed by the Retirement Advisory Board.
2. The Naval Medical Survey Review Board, meeting on June 11, 1948, repeated the retirement board decision of 1945. This decision was made without reference to 30% of my present service connected disability and dealt only with 10% of said disability. The more serious portion of my disability was not a part of my health record when the 1945 decision was made but was only copied into my health record completely shortly before my release from service and was repeated by further examination in my separation center medical examination. This present Naval Medical Survey Review Board had again based its entire findings on the 1945 submission which was incomplete.
3. The Veteran’s Administration has awarded me 40% disability
of which the subject of the Naval Medical Survey Review Board
is only 10%.
4. All papers, copies of my health record, proper forms for new hearing and a copy of the Veteran’s Administration letter have already been forwarded to the Navy Department and were presumably last in the hands of the Naval Medical Survey Review Board on June 11, 1948.
5. In view of my present disability, my hope is that cognizance will be taken of the actual records and conditions of this case and that retirement can be effected.
LaFayette Ronald Hubbard
|Document type:||Application, Letter|